I live to create and inspire.
I’m an art model, a muse, a photographer, a writer, a poet, a musician, a filmmaker, a thinker.
And I REALLY like Polaroid cameras.
Music is very important to me… both personally, and as inspiration for things I create. I especially love SHOEGAZE, BRITPOP, PUNK, POST-PUNK, CLASSIC ROCK, ALTERNATIVE ROCK, and CLASSICAL, including the following acts, to name just a few…..
The Cure, Interpol, The Radio Dept., Duran Duran, The Smiths, Slowdive, Wild Nothing, Ride, Beach House, M83, The National, I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness, Sigur Ros, Joy Division, Fleet Foxes, The Shins, New Order, Chapterhouse, Edith Piaf, The War On Drugs, Chad VanGaalen, Bat For Lashes, British Sea Power, Glasvegas, Magnet Fields, Lou Reed, The Dandy Warhols, Editors, Beirut, The Dresden Dolls, The Sex Pistols, Air, Depeche Mode, Roger O’Donnell, The Kills, Supertramp, Blonde Redhead, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Clash, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Raveonettes, Shout Out Louds, Sonic Youth, Brahms, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Hovhaness, Satie, The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, Death Cab For Cutie, The Velvet Underground, The Decemberists, Franz Ferdinand, Peter Bjorn and John, Morrissey, The P-Furs, Bishop Morocco, The Mary Onettes, Scarling, Death In Vegas, The Silversun Pickups, The Temper Trap, David Bowie, The Beatles, Echo And The Bunnymen, The Knife, The Daysleepers, Air Formation, Ladytron, The William Blakes, Foreign Cinema, Suede, and many more….
AND HERE ARE “41 FAVORITE THINGS”……one for each year of my life, so far:
41) Billy Collins, my favorite poet
40) Kurt Vonnegut, my favorite prose writer
39) travel. I want to see everything. All 50 U.S. states. Countless countries.
37) the New Wave and New Romantic movements
36) Greek, Indian, Latin American, and Italian food
35) classic Hollywood screen sirens such as Greta Garbo, Louise Brooks, Gloria Swanson, Pola Negri, Mary Pickford, Theda Bara, and Joan Crawford. They don’t make ’em like THAT anymore…
34) Katharine Hepburn, George Sand, Amelia Earhart, and other strong women who lived like MEN
33) BRITISH comedies
32) 18th Century, Victorian, Edwardian, and Bohemian clothing/style/decor
30) colored, vintage, or shaped VINYL
28) antiques, history, doorways to a past time….
27) flappers and the “roaring” 1920’s
26) freshly ground coffee — FRENCH PRESS or TURKISH, please
25) ABSINTHE — the magical, mystical green drink of poets and artists…ah, la fee verte!
23) the magic of photography — the moment I press the button and “freeze time”
22) sleeping in late
21) Getting in the car and just driving — to nowhere in particular
20) handwritten love letters, or other hand-crafted gifts of love
19) questioning EVERYTHING
18) the smell of freshly cut grass
17) stockings, garter belts, and vintage lingerie
16) a man who is not afraid of FEELINGS. and if a man can cry in front of me, I will marry his ass
15) rising above the bad people who have come into my life by just…being BETTER than them
14) a powerful and well-crafted poem
13) meeting an equal
12) THE OCEAN
11) hours spent lost in woods, lakes, streams, rivers, mountains. nature saves me
10) creating something completely new – an ORIGINAL idea
9) the story that each scar on my body tells
8 ) the person who will actually LISTEN to each of those stories someday
7) people with big, sexy…..BRAINS
6) NATURAL physical beauty. be yourself, and cherish what makes you DIFFERENT
5) exercise/health/being in shape. nothing is sexier than taking care of oneself
3) the perfect Polaroid
2) ART, in all of its forms
Welcome to my world. Or at least, a small glimpse of it…
Jenn, “The Polaroid Artist”