I live to explore, create, and inspire.
I’m a writer, a poet, a musician, a filmmaker, a photographer, an art model, a muse, and a thinker.
And I REALLY like Polaroid cameras.
Music is very important to me… both personally, and as inspiration for things I create. I especially love SHOEGAZE, BRITPOP, PUNK, POST-PUNK, CLASSIC ROCK, ALTERNATIVE ROCK, and CLASSICAL, including the following acts, to name just a few…..
The Cure, Interpol, The Radio Dept., Duran Duran, The Smiths, Slowdive, Wild Nothing, Ride, Beach House, M83, The National, I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness, Sigur Ros, Joy Division, Fleet Foxes, The Shins, New Order, Chapterhouse, Edith Piaf, The War On Drugs, Chad VanGaalen, Bat For Lashes, British Sea Power, Glasvegas, Magnet Fields, Lou Reed, The Dandy Warhols, Editors, Beirut, The Dresden Dolls, Sex Pistols, Air, Depeche Mode, Roger O’Donnell, The Kills, Supertramp, Blonde Redhead, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Clash, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Raveonettes, Shout Out Louds, Sonic Youth, Brahms, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Hovhaness, Satie, The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, The Velvet Underground, The Decemberists, Franz Ferdinand, Peter Bjorn and John, Morrissey, The P-Furs, Bishop Morocco, The Mary Onettes, Scarling, Death In Vegas, The Silversun Pickups, The Temper Trap, David Bowie, The Beatles, Echo And The Bunnymen, The Knife, The Daysleepers, Air Formation, Ladytron, The William Blakes, Foreign Cinema, Suede, Lana Del Rey, and many more….
“43 FAVORITE THINGS”
…one for each year of my life, so far:
43) Calla lilies, my favorite flower
42) the first touch
40) the state of anticipation
39) slow kissing, for hours
38) Billy Collins, my favorite poet
37) Kurt Vonnegut, my favorite prose writer
36) travel. I want to see everything. All 50 U.S. states. Countless countries.
34) freshly ground COFFEE, served black.
31) shells and other treasures from the sea
30) knowing my worth
28) antiques, history, doorways to a past time
27) fireflies and locusts on a summer night
26) living a life that is kinder to ANIMALS
25) the smell of honeysuckle
23) not giving up
22) sleeping in late
21) getting in the car and just driving to nowhere in particular
20) handwritten love letters, or other hand-crafted gifts of love
19) questioning EVERYTHING
18) the smell of freshly cut grass
17) learning something new
16) a man who is not afraid of FEELINGS. if a man can cry in front of me, I will cherish him forever
15) rising above the bad people who have come into my life
14) a person who isn’t afraid to be vulnerable
13) meeting an equal
12) the ocean/the sea
10) creating something completely new – an original idea
9) the story that each scar on my body tells
8) the person who will actually LISTEN to each of those stories someday
6) NATURAL physical beauty. be yourself, and cherish what makes you unique
5) exercise/health/taking care of oneself
3) deep connection
2) ART, in all of its forms
Welcome to my world. Or at least, a small glimpse of it…
Jenn, “The Polaroid Artist”